Pediatric Occupational Therapy
What is Pediatric Occupational Therapy?
Pediatric Occupational therapy is a specialty that deals with the wide variety of diagnoses that may affect your child's overall development. Depending on the nature and extent of the disability your pediatric physical therapist will design a plan for achieving maximal potential in your child.
Who is a pediatric Occupational therapist?
A pediatric Occupational therapist is a specialized professional from Occupational therapy background. Generally, pediatric Occupational therapist holds a master degree in pediatric Occupational from a recognized institution.
What does a pediatric occupational therapist do?
- Pediatric occupational therapists help children work towards engaging fully in all aspects of their lives. These include development, play, academics, self care, mealtimes, and much more!
- Pediatric occupational therapists work with the family, child and physician to develop an appropriate course of treatment.
Pediatric Occupational Therapists provide evaluation and training of:
- Fine motor skills and uses of hands
- Activities for daily living, such as feeding, dressing, and bathing, feeding difficulties, including oral motor deficits and oral aversion
- Developmental skills
- Eye hand coordination, including visual motor coordination and visual perceptual skills
- Sensory Integration training
- Academic skills such as following directions, problem solving, and hand writing
- Social and emotional skills
- Adaptive / assistive equipment and upper body splinting needs
Who is benefited with Occupational therapy?
- Pediatric Occupational therapy can help a number of children with Neurodevelopmental disorders, orthopedic disorders, neuromuscular disorders, etc.
- Cerebral Palsy
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Spina bifida,
- Learning disability
- Slow learner
- ADD / ADHD
- Infantile spasm
- Seizure disorders
- Traumatic brain injury
- Bow legs
- Knock knees
- Spinal injury
- So on
What we do in Occupational Therapy?
Our working system is very different from others. ICD is the one of the organizations where you will get no overlapping of therapies. Every consultant is specialized in their work with advance training in their Prime domain. Our occupational therapists are responsible for:
Specialized Assessment based on International and In-house Scales
Hand function screening-MACS / Frenchay Scale /
Sensory processing dysfunction
Providing Therapy Sessions for
- Hand function enhancement therapy
- Constrained Induced Manual Therapy (CIMT)
- Bimanual Manual Training (BMT)
- Training sessions for Activities for Daily Living
- Hand writing enhancement
- Sensory Integration Therapy
How can I find a pediatric Occupational therapist for my child?
ICD has a directory of pediatric Occupational therapist from India; you can ask the name of the pediatric occupational therapist in your locality
For queries / appointment / availing services, please contact us through
Phones at : +91-11-41012124 / +91-7838809241 / +91-8588995954
WhatsApp at : +91-9810154411