Speech Therapy / Communication Therapy
What is Speech Therapy?
Pediatric speech therapist helps children towards speech and communication development. Although it is not possible to make every child verbal but at the same it is the duty of the speech therapist to make a child able to communicate his or her needs / desire/distress by oral or augmentative communication.
Pediatric speech therapist works with the family, child and other professionals to develop an appropriate mode of communication.
A speech therapist can help a child with
- Drooling management
- Swallowing/Feeding Issues
- Expressive Language Skills
- Receptive Language/Listening Skills
- Voice and Resonance
- Social/Pragmatic Language
- Cognitive-Communication Skills
- Articulation Skills/Speech Intelligibility
- Speech Fluency/Stuttering
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)
What are conditions mostly benefited with Speech therapy?
- A variety of disorders are benefited with the help of a speech therapist.
- Some include:
- Dysphasia (swallowing)
- Cognitive impairments or delays
- Social language use or pragmatic disorders
- Expressive and receptive language impairments or delays
- Auditory processing disorder
- Articulation disorders
- Voice disorders
- Oral motor and oral feeding issues
When you should consult a speech therapist?
You should consult a speech therapist when if your child
- Makes only a few sounds, words or gesture beyond the age of 12 months or so
- Speaks but you or other members can’t understand what he saying beyond
- the age of 18 months or so
- Struggles to make sounds or words beyond the age of 30 months
- Doesn’t interact socially with others
- Is unable to combine 2 or more words together beyond the age of 4 yrs
- Is using a limited vocabulary
- Is saying a word once and then not using it again
Misarticulates / Mispronounces vowels, saying "coo" instead of "cow"
Not developing his language much from month to month
- Still saying single words only, and not phrases or sentences
Talks using mostly vowels, omitting whole consonants,
For queries / appointment / availing services, please contact us through
Phones at : +91-11-41012124 / +91-7838809241 / +91-8588995954
WhatsApp at : +91-9810154411