Pediatric Physical Therapy
What is Pediatric Physiotherapy?
Pediatric physical therapy is a specialty that deals with the wide variety of diagnoses that may affect your child's overall development. Depending on the nature and extent of the disability your pediatric physical therapist will design a plan for achieving maximal potential in your child.
Who is a pediatric Physiotherapist?
A pediatric physiotherapist is a specialized professional from physiotherapy background. Generally, pediatric physiotherapist holds a master degree in pediatric physiotherapy from a recognized institution.
Who needs pediatric physiotherapy?
- Pediatric physiotherapy can help a number of children with Neurodevelopmental disorders, orthopedic disorders, neuromuscular disorders, etc.
- Cerebral Palsy
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Spina bifida,
- Infantile spasm
- Seizure disorders
- Traumatic brain injury
- Bow legs
- Knock knees
- Spinal injury
- So on
How does pediatric physiotherapy help?
Like every other professional a pediatric physical therapist will assess your child with some standardized scales such as GMFM, PEDI, etc. After analyzing the potentials and limitations of the child, he/she will make a treatment plan. The plan will include a number of activities. As a caregiver you will be asked to assist the pediatric physical therapist following a home based program.
What we do in Physiotherapy?
AS ICD has a dedicated team of physiotherapists with basic qualification in physiotherapy and advance training in pediatric physiotherapy, they are responsible for physiotherapy only. You will never get overlapping of services with Occupational therapist or developmental therapist.
Our physiotherapists are responsible for
Specialized Assessment based on International and In-house Scales
- Postural Analysis
- Assessments for tightness, weakness, spasticity, contracture and deformity
- (Modified Ashworth / Tardeiu / Goniometry / MMT /-------
- Screening of milestones and their competency
(GMFCS / / GMFM / PEDI----------
- Gait analysis and mobility quotients
(Physician Rating Scales/ ---------
- Screening for aids and appliances such as Orthoses, postural aids, etc
Providing Therapy Sessions for
- Postural Alignment based on stretching and strength training
- Milestones enhancement through PEP
- NDT / NET / NFT / -------------
- Gait Training
How can I find a pediatric physiotherapist?
ICD has a directory of pediatric physiotherapist from India; you can ask the name of the pediatric physiotherapist in your locality
For queries / appointment / availing services, please contact us through
Phones at : +91-11-41012124 / +91-7838809241 / +91-8588995954
WhatsApp at : +91-9810154411